CENTRAL LNU COMPLEX, CALIFORNIA
Started 10/8/2017 around 2145 hours PDT. The Complex is made up of the Tubbs Fire and the Pocket Fire. Located on Hwy 128 and Tubbs. 34,270 acres. 10% contained. 29,192 structures threatened including 576 destroyed and 14 damaged.
Resources include: 93 engines, 29 water tenders, 7 helicopters, 18 hand crews, 23 dozers and 821 personnel. Incident Cooperators include: Sonoma SO, Santa Rosa PD, Sonoma County OES, CAL OES, PG&E, ARC, CHP, CAL Trans, National Guard, City of Petaluma, City of Rohner Park, Napa County OES, City of Calistoga and City of Middletown.
Command is in Unified Command by CAL FIRE IMT Team 1, the City of Santa Rosa and the Sonoma County SO.
Tubbs Fire. Fire behavior is active and burning along the Northern and Eastern sections of the fire. Very critical burning conditions into Thursday. A Red Flag Warning is in effect. 27,363 acres. 10% containment.
Pocket Fire. Active fire burning to the north, east and west portions of the fire. 8130 acres. 0% containment. 13 deaths.
Shelters are located at the following locations and the list can be accessed from the http://www.sonomacounty.org for updates.
- Cloverdale Citrus Fair. 1 Citrus Fair Dr, Cloverdale
- Guerneville School. 14630 Armstrong Rd, Guerneville
- Healdsburg Community Center. 1157 Healdsburg Ave, Healdsburg
- 1st Presbyterian Center. 939 B St, Petaluma
- Petaluma Veteran’s Memorial Building. 1094 Petaluma
- Sonoma Marin Fairgrounds. 175 Fairgrounds Dr, Petaluma
- New Life Church, 1310 Clegg St, Petaluma
- Petaluma Community Center. 320 N. McDowell Blvd, Petaluma
- Casa Grande HS. 333 Casa Grande Rd, Petaluma
- Church of Christ. 370 Sonoma Mtn Pkway, Petaluma
- Sally Tomatoes. 1100 Valley House Dr, Rohnert Park
- Burton Rec Center. 5401 Snyder Ln, Rohnert Park
- Sonoma County Fairgrounds Pavilion. 1350 Bennett Valley Rd, Santa Rosa
- Elsie Allen HS. 599 Bellevue Ave, Santa Rosa
- Santa Rosa Veterans Bldg. 1351 Maple Ave, Santa Rosa
- Finley Community Ctr. 2016 W. College Ave., Santa Rosa
- Cook Middle School. 240 Sebastopol Rd., Santa Rosa
- New Vintage Church. 3300 Sonoma Ave, Santa Rosa
- Victory Outreach Church. 4042 Sebastopol Rd., Santa Rosa
- Analy HS Gym. 6950 Analy Ave, Sebastopol
- St. Stephen’s Episcopal church. 500 Robinson Rd., Sebastopol
- Sebastopol Community Ctr. 390 Morris St, Sebastopol
- Sonoma Valley HS. 20000 Broadway, Sonoma
- Altamira Midle School. 17085 Arnold Dr, Sonoma
- windsor HS. 8695 Windsor Rd, Windsor
Current Road closures in effect. More updates can be found at http://www.roadconditions.sonomoa-county.org or to CAL Trans website http://www.dot.ca.gov/cgi-bin/roads.cgi?roadnumber=128&submit=Search
- Calistoga @ Rincon
- SR128 @ Chalk Hill Rd
- US-101 SB @ Hopper
- US 101 NB @ River
- US 101 SB @ River
- Mark West Springs @ Old Redwood Hwy
- US NB @ Mendocino
- Mark West Springs @ Sutter Hospital
Looking Through the Eyes of Social Media. “SAR teams will enter burned areas with Cadaver dogs in Sonoma searching. Currently 14 people have been killed. The numbers are likely to increase.” “Tubbs Fire is pushing north towards Lake County.”
(c) 2017 The CA Fire Report